We love Social Media, there is no doubt about that, we have been consumed by this powerful tool for at least the last 5 years of our lives, if not more.
We have spent Countless hours researching and watching what others are doing and gathering information. Frequently we see agents not getting the traction they deserve on Social Media because of a misunderstanding or lack of information when it comes to the use of Social Media. Social Media can be your friend or your foe.
Here are the 10 most frequent mistakes made on Social Media:
- Always Post your own website link for listings, you want to drive as much traffic as possible to your company website not someone else’s.
- Be relevant with your content try to meet the needs of your target audience, be in line with you and your brand. Know your target audience and deliver content that resonates with them.
- Avoid posting links to listings your audience will get annoyed quickly and unfollow you, instead post a story and a couple of photo’s or video about the property how they can get in touch with you.
- Picking fights or not responding in a timely manner on Social Media is really damaging for you and your brand.
- Trying to do too much, focus on doing a few things well, try to keep consistent and focused on two or three Social Media Channels to start with.
- Make your content unique to each platform you are using and research what works for each platform. E.g What you post on Facebook should be different to what you post on Twitter.
- Have a content marketing strategy and content calendar for consistency. With Social Media you need to be consistent and content driven. Put together a plan for what your audience would like to see and deliver that on a regular basis.
- Give, Give, Give FREE Stuff. Always deliver great education and information for FREE, you can never expect that an online relationship can be built if you don’t give value.
- Great video’s work, have a strategy around the content you deliver in your video and the purpose, make the video look professional.
- Don’t be shy, get active. No point having a Social Media platforms if you are not going to use them.
If you want to learn more about Social Media, your Social Media Strategy, Content Planning and the 9 Principles of Social Media Sophistication why not sign up for one of our online courses, Workshops or Consulting programs.
Yours in Social Media
Comments are closed.